Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Muffin Tin Meals: Mini-Obsession Day 1:

I first learned about Muffin Tin Meals at the site, Muffin Tin Mom way back in august 2010.  I thought it was so cute, so fun, and such an easy way to use up small bits of food lingering in the fridge without looking like a random meal to the kiddos.

What exactly is a Muffin Tin Meal?  This is directly from the Muffin Mom, Michelle, herself:

Simply stated, it's a meal served in a muffin tin. Over the last two years, moms have become creative with their offerings (myself included).  However, I want to be sure you know that there is no right or wrong way to make a muffin tin meal. As long as a meal, snack or dessert is served in a muffin tin (patty pan, muffin pan, cupcake tin, etc.), silicone muffin cups, paper muffin cups it is considered a muffin tin meal.

ok – so how fun does this sound?  Let me show you a couple of my favorite pics I’ve been inspired by:

 “Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed”

MTM Hello Kitty

so cute!  hello, kitty – of course!

(I cannot find the link to this one)

and I really loved the REASONS the Muffin Tin Mom gives for serving meals this way:

  • breaks up the normal lunch time routine
  • great for picky toddlers and preschoolers
  • muffin cups provide smaller kid-sized portions
  • a way to introduce new foods in smaller sizes and in an interesting way
  • a way for me to express culinary creativity

so, allow me share my one (and only) try at Muffin Tin Meals (remember, I tend to get really excited about something, purchase large quantities of “needed” supplies, and the quickly burn out).

070

as you can see, I didn’t even own a 6 cup muffin tin, so the kids got “round meals” (not square meals, har har).

ok, so a little goofy looking – which is what prompted me to invest in cute muffin cups, fun food picks and plastic chopsticks. . . which haven’t ever been used at all.  (frown)

but, never fear!  this introduction to cute meals quickly spawned a new fascination: bento!  I’ll introduce you to my bento mini-obsession in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment